Thursday, August 31, 2006

Goodbye August!!!

August 31st --- See ya! 5 days and counting! Although I am excited for school to start it does scare me a bit!! 5th grade - that is SO SCARY! I went up to the school today to drop something off -- I saw Mrs. Erickson (Stacy) -- I think it will be a good year:) Ashley's room looks GREAT!! She is SO creative!! Tomorrow we are going back to school shopping -- Luckily Brendan doesn't really need much a couple of pairs of jeans, a new pair of shoes, A few long sleeve tshirts and some hoodie sweatshirts. We do need to exchange his backpack -- We searched FOREVER to find the "perfect" backpack for 5th grade and then he had to have the "special" binder thing -- and guess what -- the damn binder doesn't fit in the backpack -- So we will be off to exchange the backpack and get shoes -- He wants sketchers (Is that what they are called???)

My appointment yesterday went well -- I am a perfect candidate for the Veracise Lense Implant. The thing that SUCKS is that she doesn't do it all at once -- I got in a week before my 1st procedure and she "pops" my eye with a laser to form a small hole in the event there is pressure -- after a week I go back and she does the procedure (the non-dominate eye first) - you go back the next day for a post op appointment. About 2 weeks later I go back in and she "pops" the other eye -- a week after that she does the second procedure and then the follow up the next day -- The one thing that I liked A LOT is that if for whatever reason they don't work or something happens they can be removed with no additional lose of sight - I have tentatively scheduled an appointment for the end of September. I need to make sure everything works out with Jeff's schedule. My eyes were SERIOUSLY dialated my head hurt SO bad!!!! I literally laid down in bed with a pillow over my eyes and slept for a couple of hours. I still have a headache today.


Well, I think that is all for now I am off to make a couple of layouts -- I'll probably post them when I am done:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph.
This is Ms. Jenny...
I really like your website you made. I try to look at it everyday. You always have interesting things to say. Hope the Cunningham family is doing well and tell the kids I said hello.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie-
I just wanted you to know that I really enjoy reading your blogs! I hope everything goes well with your procedure! I am sure it will be worth it when it is done!! I also wanted you to know that despite Christy's comment the other day that you do have other true friends :)
Jenel

Anonymous said...

Ok Jenel...I know she does..just wanted to give her a bad time.

Christy

Anonymous said...

Steph, thanks for the positive feedback about my job. Good Bye Nazi.
I hope your procedure goes well. Let me know if I can do anything to help.
Trish