Monday, March 19, 2007

Spinal tap.......................

















Not to be confused with Spinal Tap...........

I would say "Are you freaking kidding me" but I realize that I have said that a lot lately!! So, Brendan's headache is worse -- a 7/8 more 8 out of 10. We were in Dr. Christopher's office today (AGAIN) but this time was because Whitlee woke up screaming -- her ear hurt --- "on the INSIDE mommy!!!!" Guess what...................she has an ear infection!! Cause we have nothing else going on!!! Anyhow Dr. Christopher was not happy to see that Brendan was still hurting --- he did give me the name of a medication that could help ease the pain. We saw Dr. Jex --- Everyone was adjusted --- and there were burritos all around....................I had left a message with the Neuro office -- because he was done with the steroid and there wasn't any relief. 5 O'clock came and went.............nothing..................6 O'clock came and went...........nothing...............at 6:30 I was done waiting!!! I called the on-call Neuro and it was.........Dr. Edwardson -- poor guy I am so sure that he is SICK of hearing from me. Needless to say he discussed with the attending and this is the plan --- NO SCHOOL (Brendan was PISSED!) and no advil. 500 mg of Depekote in hopes that when he wakes up in the morning his headache will be gone (yeah right!!!) wait until Friday when he has his follow up from when he was IN the hospital and if his head isn't better..............A SPINAL TAP. If I wouldn't throw up I'd cry. So, tonight all night I will be crossing everything I have that when he wakes up in the morning he is pain free ---- pain free ---- pain free ---- pain free!!!
So, that is our life -------------------We will be taking a bag to the Dr. appointment on Friday just in case.
I'm off to puke

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually a spinal tap for someone in Brendan's situation is not all that uncommon. Wouldn't you want to know the cause of the headache???? Brendan is in our thoughts and prayers.