Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun......

And I say it's all right


Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter. Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here.

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun. And I say it's all right.

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces. Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here.

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun. And I say it's all right.

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...............................



So, it has been more than 2 days it has actually been 5 days --- as always life is and has been crazy:) Isn't that just like life............



Brendan -- My sweet boy - he continues to improve (woot woot!!!)- she says in a whisper....His pain level is down to a 4(there was an acupuncture appointment yesterday). Today was Therapy message day and Friday is another acupuncture day. He is actually doing some homework right now..............Did I just type he was doing homework??? Why yes I did!!! I think that there may be some school in the near future..........Maybe not until after Spring Break which is next week - but soon....People have actually made mention of how he is looking better!! Ah.........a ray of sunshine..............just a peek.............a tiny little glimpse. Trying not to put all my eggs(hope) in a basket(acupuncture) but seriously I don't believe it is the medication. I am trying hard not to be a mother hen -- letting him push his boundaries where he can -- it is hard.



I know that each time you go through something it is a "learning" experience. But I have learned a lot -- I really am a mama bear protecting her cub(s). I have learned that people really do care about Brendan (and us). You know honestly care -- the no strings attached kind of we care about you because you are you. It is a strange concept for me -- battle scares and all. None the less I am grateful and I appreciate every single one!!!! I have learned that I should follow my "gut" regardless of what my "mind" is saying. I have learned that I will do anything -- absolutely anything to take care of my children - I always said that I would but know I know without a doubt I would. I have learned that it probably isn't a good idea to suck down a power Matcha Green Tea from Jamba Juice(man I love those!!!!!) with a burner boost in it 1 hour before you meet with a team of neurologists (it induces SCREAMING LOTS AND LOTS OF SCREAMING!!!)that is a lot of caffeine coursing through ones body at a time. I have learned that a 5/10 on the pain scale can bring tears of relief to a mother driving home in Friday night traffic. Here comes the sun...........................



Matthew (my nephew) had his first T-ball game last Friday -- is it obsessive that I took roughly 390 shots of just him??? I probably took 25-30 shots of Steven. So, in a one hour t-ball game I took about 420 shots. Is that obsessive??? It really doesn't matter --- I really don't care:) He is my nephew and I'll take a million shots if I need to:) :) :)THANK GOODNESS FOR DIGITAL!!!!! I came home and used a baseball plopper and made these of Steven and Matthew...............................

The plopper is from the kit Baseball by Debbie Pearson






































I sent them to Steven and Sharlene -- they liked them -- Sharlene has them at her desk at work and Steven has them at his Pinnacle office and at the district. I am going to have them printed in the next Costco print I do. Steven managed to talk me into taking the at bat shot of each of his players - there are 12 kids on the team..........funny it seemed like there were about 20 on Friday --- I'll make a plopper for each family and then burn it to a disk for Steven -- he can print them or just email them to the parents.



Steven said something to Matthew tonight.....Something that took me back 21 years ago in the blink of an eye --- something that made me catch my breath --- something that can shake one to its core -- something that I never really spoken to anyone about before -- Something I didn't think he remembered....Tonight Matthew told Steven he was STARVING....Steven said "Buddy, you don't know what starving is." Bam just that fast I was back there -- in that place I thought I had left so far behind --- He told Matthew "Aunt Penny, Aunt Susie and I know what starving is" -- BAM -- we are huddled in the kitchen making a small envelope of powdered eggs and dividing it between the 3 of us ---- 2 bites just 2 bites a piece -- but it was food. Then he told Matthew -- "you know Aunt Penny use to work in a grocery store and she would bring home left over chicken so Aunt Susie and I would have something to eat". I didn't think he remembered that -- we certainly have never talked about it. They would just throw it away at the end of the night --- 20lbs of fried chicken each and every night --- Why throw it away --- There were mouths to feed..... How many nights did they eat chicken for dinner and then for breakfast and then for lunch --- food is food....


Anyway, that's an update on us..................off to finish the yearbook -- it is the bane of my existance but I will kick the crap out of this baby!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: