Tuesday, April 24, 2007

UUUGGGG!!!!!

I really did mean to come back and post. Here is a "condensed" version of our lives for the past 2 weeks.

Brendan's birthday was GREAT!!!! Jeff took the day off of work and we spent the ENTIRE day at Seattle Center. We went to the Pacific Science Center. There was a Grossology exhibit there and Brendan REALLY wanted to see it. It sucked -- well, it was geared toward kids from say 5-8ish -- so, it freaked out Whitlee and Brendan was bored. Luckily, there was a new exhibit about small animals that opened that day and there were pony rides:) I think I took 100-120 photos of Whitlee on the pony:) And there is always the butterfly house -- Brendan LOVES that so much -- I gave him my camera and let him go wild. Whitlee lasted about 5 minutes before she wanted to leave and go "pet" the cockroach again (ewwwww) so daddy took her. Brendan and I spent a good hour in the butterfly house. He got some really good shots. We went to dinner and then to what turned out to be the Thunderbirds last home game of the season. It was a nice day and there was no pain.

Brendan had his birthday party on the 14th -- it was a swimming party. I was kinda freaking out because a lot of people were out of town because of Spring Break. Never fear he had a bunch of kids there. I think everyone had a good time.

Brendan pain free pain free ----------- WHOOO HOOO!!!! School started on Monday. Brendan was scared -- really scared. How would the kids treat him -- I told him that I would be at home and to call if he needed to. He made it almost all day --- I picked him up and he rested. His head was back at a 5. While, I figured it would happen I was freaking out inside -- maybe the acupuncture wouldn't work --- what if what if what if what if what if...................he seemed to be doing better by the time it was time to leave for baseball --- he was really looking forward to playing. After practice he was in tears his head hurt so bad. He didn't go to school on Tuesday instead I took him to see Chris. BAM!!!! Brendan was all better. Wednesday he tried school again -- he made it almost all day I picked him up, his head was at a 5 and he slept for a couple of hours -- when he woke up he was at a 3 -- hum...............again we went to practice and again he was at a 7 after practice -- hum................I called Chris and left a message - Brendan didn't go to school on Thursday ------- no call back from Chris (hum...) So, unlike him. Well, he didn't call because he doesn't work on Thursdays. He called at 9:15 am on Friday --- I took the choir tickets up to school at noon and picked up Brendan. Pain level back to zero --- Friday night Brendan had his last performance with the choir for Evergreen Heights - it was so great!!!!

Today is Tuesday and he is at school -- he went yesterday and stayed ALL DAY!!! There was ball practice last night -- no pain -- we'll see how it goes.

I am off to install a new garbage disposal!!!

0 comments: