Sunday, January 13, 2008

This is how the conversation goes:

Me: Whitlee Jane -- I need to talk to you......
WJ: Mommy, I need a second........
(20 minutes pass)
Me: Whitlee Jane -- I need to talk to you........
(with grunts, groans and giant sighs.............)
WJ: YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Me: I'm doing your year page for your scrapbook and I need to ask a couple of questions.
WJ: Can you make it fast because I want a rice crispy treat
Me: I'll do what I can

Questions:

Me: How old are you?
WJ: DUH!! I AM THREEEEEEEE
Me: What is your favorite color?
WJ: Hello!!! Do you know me? it's PINK!!!!
Me: What is your favorite number?
WJ: B...really it's B Mommy
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
WJ: What did I say last time?
Me: A Banana
WJ: That's a good answer!!
Me: Why yes it is
WJ: Now I want to be a witch or a BAD CAT
Me: Got it
Me: Who is your best friend?
WJ: Kylie, Eleri & Keanna
Me: What is your favorite movie?
WJ: DUR.......Anything with PRINCESSES!!!
Me: What is your favorite TV show?
WJ: Jack's Big Music Show, Bindi The Jungle Girl & Dora...DON'T PUT LAZY TOWN I HATE THAT SHOW!!!!!
Me: What's your favorite food?
WJ: How many can I pick?
Me: As many as you want
WJ: Let's start with cottage cheese, fire chips (Nacho Cheese Doritos), Carrots and COW MILK FROM STARBUCKS!!!!
Me: Thanks for helping me out Whit
WJ: Man, now I'm gonna need 2 rice crispy treats!!!!

NOTE: there was continual eye rolling -- clearly she must have something better to do!!!!!
Here is her page from last year (2006)




















Then it was Brendan's turn.......He however was a bit easier due to the fact at this point he will do anything to get out of his room --- Being grounded is a bitch!!!

Me: Brendan can I talk to you for a minute
BR: Take more than a minute mom
Me: I need to ask you some questions for your year in review page
BR: fine, just make sure you use pictures of me with my contacts in!!
Me: I'll do my best
Me: How old did you turn this year?
BR: Um........11 you were there weren't you?
Me: yes, I was
BR: Nice to hear it
Me: What is your favorite color?
BR: ORANGE -- if that's not available Blue
Me: What is your favorite number:
BR: What did Whit say?
Me: B
BR: She does realize that that is a letter right?
Me: I pointed that fact out to her
BR: and she still went with B?
Me: yes, she did
BR: She needs help!!
Me: well, she is ONLY 3 years old
BR: B is a letter
Me: I know
BR: I guess my favorite number is 8
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
BR: A hockey player or a soccer goalie
Me: Who are your best friends?
BR: Cameron Hiller, Emily Moren, Jonathan Taylor-Kantz and Sara Abed
Me: What is your favorite movie?
BR: Transformers
Me: are you sure it's not Hairspray
BR: Mom, you are going to make me puke....
Me: well, you like RENT
BR: it's totally different show
Me: I see
Me: What is your favorite TV Show?
BR: Avatar
Me: What is your favorite sport?
BR: Soccer (like you didn't know that)
Me: what is your favorite food?
BR: Pizza
Me: What is your least favorite food?
BR: Broccoli -- Well, ANYTHING GREEN!!!!
Me: What is your favorite book?
BR: The On The Run Series
Me: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
BR: mmmmmmm...........give some to charity, some in my college fund and then spend some
Me: nice answer
BR: am I still grounded?
Me: YES!
BR: Then, some to charity and then spend the rest
Thanks for your time Brendan!!!!

Here is his page from last year............

3 comments:

Christy said...

gotta love whitlee. Love her answers. Brendan is still grounded????? Or is the a new one?????Goodness, that poor boy will never see the light of day.

I'm Valerie Ballou Burr said...

Really beautiful kids Penny. Really. Where did you get the Jane in Whitlee's name. That's my middle name so I am curious

suntalon said...

You do such an awesome job keeping up with their scrapbooking!