Friday, April 18, 2008

long time no post ----

We really have been busy ----- I'll get to that later.....


I just wanted to get on here and post

It's been 4 months today since we lost Rick. He was a father, a brother, a cousin, an uncle and a friend. He was a painter, a drywaller, a hula dancer, a surfer and a fisherman. He never loved 1/2 way he loved with his entire being. He was most proud of his children Coja, Amber and Johnny. He never called me by my name instead calling me "little sister".
This is a photo that was taken this past summer at my nephew Coja's wedding. From left to right are: Sherri, Rick, Coja, Amber Johnny and Pete. Pete is Rick's older brother. Sherri is Peter's AMAZING wife:). Peter raised Rick after their mother passed away. He...strike that they Peter and Sherri are the most wonderful people. They have never been anything less than wonderful to me. The love and compassion that this couple have leaves one in awe.
I miss Rick -- I miss his late night phone calls (ok it was late to me but he was on "Hawaii" time) I miss his laughter. I miss his updates about his children. I miss his teasing about my innate ability so suck at surfing no matter how hard he tried to teach me. I miss the wasy no matter what was going on I knew no matter what he had my back -- brothers are AWESOME!!!! How lucky am I? I have been fortunate to have 2 brothers. They are both wonderful and amazing. They both are supportive. The are and were wonderful men.
That is about all I have to say about that.................It's been 4 months and it seems like it was just yesterday!!!

1 comments:

Christy said...

How lucky you are/were to have such a wonderful relationship with your brother. Not everyone does. Let your memories live within you and share them with your kids always.