Tuesday, June 09, 2009

long time no real blog............

OK -- enter the "modern age" Stephanie -- with help (A LOT OF HELP) I figured out how to post to twitter, facebook and this blog all from my cell phone -- ain't technology grand :)

Life has been a series of sporadic less than 140 character text posts :) We have been so busy!!!

Brendan started, played and finished his baseball season :) GO GO GO!!!

Summer vacation is literally just around the corner -- I get the daily countdown from Brendan and then when Whitlee gets up I get the daily countdown until she starts to school!!

Here is a brief look at our May............ It was a good month!!!!

Whitlee and a little photoshoot!! She LOVES that hat!!!!


Whitlee (& Diego) at one of Jeff's Softball games (Alki)

Brendan (and his baseball sweatshirt) at one of Jeff's softball games (It was like 80 degrees and he still wore the sweatshirt!!!)

I see this look A LOT!!!! I call it the "Oh Mom!!!!" look.
A rare teen smile

Whitlee (& Diego) hanging out
Whitlee saying "I AM NOT SLIDING DOWN THIS POLE!!!"
Brendan was my assistant on a photoshoot --
Gotta earn that money for his Washingotn D.C. trip!!!!
Whitlee at one of Brendan's baseball games ~
she can ALWAYS entertain herself!!!
Doing what she does best RUNNING!!!
(that is Rose The LOVE Monkey's arm you see)
Look more leaves!!!
Brendan playing ball!!!
The cotton wood is abundant here right now ~
Check out that piece on Brendan's nose!!!
Brendan getting ready for a throw from the catcher --
sadly, for the runner Brendan GOT HIM OUT!!!!
Whitlee had a Daddy & Daughter date!!!
Go Sounders!!!
Brendan warming up
Brendan making the play

It was a great baseball season -- well, out of 9 games played they won 1 game -- but they worked hard!! The 6th grade doesn't have a team, 7th grade doesn't cut so there was like 15 kids on the team & 8th grade cuts. Brendan started each of the 9 games (yooooooohoooooo!!!!!) and although the structure of the line up was moved around he batted in the upper 1/2 of the line up all season......all in all not bad!!!!

Whitlee is all registered for school and is SUPER EXCITED!!!! I plan to document each step!!! Brendan is looking forward to the summer and being in 8th grade!! I imagine that he will be spending a lot of time with Heather ~ and that is all I am going to say about that!!!!


I think that is it!

3 comments:

I'm Valerie Ballou Burr said...

Okay Penny. First of all, you are so funny and adorable. Second of all I am on Twitter and I'm about to bale because I am following my kids and....we will talk about that later. Third you take the most wonderful pictures of your kids except at least one of your pics of Brendan makes him look too Damn old!,....Where has the time gone? That's enough for now, but I'll be back.

I'm Valerie Ballou Burr said...

Okay Penny, Before I work on my blog I have just got to say Whitlee is STINKIN' CUTE!

I'm Valerie Ballou Burr said...

Such very cute pics....that Whitlee is stinkin' cute...almost as cute as my grand daughter :) Get used to it.